Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer 2009

Ok, so I've been MIA, but nausea and tiredness can do that to a person. I'm either thirteen or fourteen weeks now - can't remember (my memory's gone too) but I don't care - I just know I'm feeling better! So here are a few pictures from our summer to try and catch you up quickly:


Upward Bound Vacation Bible School - Roger loved going to VBS and loved wearing his backpack every night. He especially loved the singing time and loved to dance around with his good friend, Kathryn and cousin Kaylee.


Here he is trying to do the motions to "Big Big House" which he still sings


Oh that smile - that smile does me in!


Daddy even got in on the fun. Here he is warming up the crowd with a little hokey pokey


We had a wonderful time at my cousin Erin's wedding in Chi-town. Unfortunately didn't get any pictures of the wedding, too busy trying the keep Roger in his seat. Here we are at the rehearsal dinner.


Roger and Daddy enjoying the popcorn appetizer - a great idea!


At least one of my sisters was committed enough to show up - just kidding Numka


We had a wonderful visit with Mimi, Pop, and Evan ("Ebin") after the Chicago wedding


Rog and Evan sharing a moment by the summer fire


We made it to the Coolidge fountain one day with friends - here he is with buddy Eli


Roger got cool new clothes from Aunt Laura


Here's Roger and Kathryn sharing some ice cream on our back porch


We had a great garden. Unfortunately this new baby didn't like any fresh produce until it got past the first trimester and now, the garden's basically done, but hey, there's always a fall garden


Roger's dirty south feet - his crocs made it look like he has a disease


Cool dudes


My mom came up to help me while I was sick - it was wonderful! She cleaned my house and let me take naps and filled my freezer with dinners!


Evan came with her and he and Roger had a great time together


Here they are in Evan's bed trying to pretend they're asleep


Went out to dinner while my mom was here - us and Ben and Andrea and Laura - I love having family that lives near by - would love to have more so come on!


And here's my handsome boy - in his "chuch" clothes


And last but not least (well, probably least actually), our jeep had a big milestone - 200,000 miles

Well, if you hung in this long, you're probably a family member - thanks and now that I'm feeling better I'll try to keep you updated better and try not to give you a drink from a water hydrant!

4 comments:

Molly said...

I didn't know you were pregnant again! Congratulations!! :)

livinginthemidwest said...

Congratulations! I was assuming you were MIA due to a new bun in the oven...that's usually when other blogs have gone silent. :o) Glad you're back though. It helps to keep up with what's going on in the Collins family.

Joc said...

Karen, great pics! We need to get together soon! Glad you're feeling better these days.

Jess said...

I've been meaning to call or email to check on you! So glad you are feeling better! Loved all the summer picts...hope to catch up soon!