Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 2010

Wow, writing everyday sure can be taxing. I think I may need to take a break. Yeah, just kidding, since I haven't written since before I had Lena! So.....we have a little girl, she's 7 months old and (wait for it)......she's already a big sister! I'm 14 weeks now and in case you weren't a math major - that means our kids are going to be 13 months apart. Surprise? Yes, but a great one. And now that I'm feeling better, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of our fall so far.


Roger has been looking forward to our church's Fall Festival for weeks. And he's come a long way in being able to say "Fall Festival". At first it was "fall smesibal" and now it's "fall festibal" - that child cracks me up. Back in September I asked him what he wanted to be for fall festival and he said "a magical man". At first I thought he meant a super hero, but then he said, "like agracadabra". Brilliant - he already had a tux from Jason and Stacy's wedding - add a top hat made out of poster board and a magic wand (glow stick left over from July 4th) and he had a costume for a buck. Then we figured Lena ought to be his rabbit. We splurged for Lena, spending $4 on her costume. Gerald designed some wire hanger bunny ears and I covered them in fuzzy fabric (what a team). She didn't really want to keep them on, but we at least got a few shots.





I didn't get many shots from the actual fall festival - I leave most of that to my professional photographer friend (yep, we're spoiled). But I did catch a couple of Kaylee (she was a kitty cat) and Roger going on the last hayride of the night. The little kids loved the ride and the big kids loved jumping out of the pitch dark and scaring them to death. One mom of the scare-ers said, "I don't know if you guys should be scaring the little kids, who said that was a good idea?" Shockingly, her son said, "Gerald told us to go do it." I couldn't believe someone would accuse Gerald of such a thing, but seeing is believing......



3 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

Congratulations! I am trailing behind you by a couple of weeks.

kate tolson said...

I love their costumes! So cute!! And welcome back! I was beginning to think that bed project did you in!

shari said...

Roger and Lena are just adorable in their costumes. I didn't know it was Roger's idea to be a magician!