Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas in Florida

Finally getting a few pictures up from Christmas. We had a wonderful time hanging out with family and friends.  Only the sisters were home for Christmas and though we missed the brothers and their wives and kids, we had a lot of fun hanging out together.  Roger decided Miriam's name would be "Ga ga" which really makes sense when you consider the "g" in...wait, no g, I mean the "ga" sound...  Oh well, so he probably won't win any spelling bees....He instantly fell in love with her, especially after she gave him two bowls to "cook" with - full of sugar and cocoa.  

The Cookers


The Readers

The Cheesers


True to my family's "tradition" (used loosely because I'm not sure a lack of action can really be called a tradition) is to get a Christmas tree around the 22nd or 23rd - yes, of December.  They said they were "waiting" for us to get there - how sweet, yeah, I'm sure.  So we drove to the Christmas tree lot which was pitch black and had about 30 trees laying on the ground.  Apparently they were take one get one free so we got two.  Nobody was there so we weren't quite sure what to think.  Here Laura and my Dad look like criminals because, well, for all I know, they might be.


We had a relaxed Christmas morning with lots of oooing and ahhing - here's Roger modeling a few of the presents

If you look closely the wine bottle is called "Middle Sister" - given to me by my little sister along with a coupon for a free night of babysitting - um, yes please.  


Here's my Dad's Mom, Grammy, reading to Roger


Just a cute shot of Rog and Pop
 (He's officially shortened my Dad's name from Pop-pop)


Is it possible that two year olds don't have the same amount of nerve receptors as adults?  I mean, it was warm in Florida and all, but the water was still like ice - not to this boy who even when swimming the evening of Christmas Eve!  

At first I thought, ok, I'll just take off his pants, he won't want to stick in more than a toe once he feels it...


Nope, not enough, shortly after this he started cupping water in his hands to put it on his head - no pictures because his nervous mom had to join him up to her knees in case he really decided to dive in.




And of course, I have to show you a couple of beach shots.











It was an awesome time - and as always, way too short.

5 comments:

shari said...

Karen, you are so good at writing these blogs. I enjoyed the pictures and the stories oh so much! Your Christmas looked fun and very special! Love you, mom (Shari)

Joc said...

Karen- such fun pictures- you captured your joy at being there beautifully. Hope to see you soon!

Tabitha said...

Hooray! I loved seeing your Christmas AND Disney (even though you were trying to be tricky :) So much fun!!! I thought it was hilarious (and smart) of you guys to write your # on Roger's arm at Disney! Miss you guys!!

KIMBERLY COLLINS said...

Love the pictures and your comments! Thanks for sharing. So funny about the phone number on Roger's arm! Glad you had a good time. You were certainly missed by us! Love you!

shanna said...

Hey, good idea about the phone number on Roger's arm. I never would have thought of that. Looks like such a good time :) I'm so glad you can enjoy your family so much, K.
love,
S